JACKSONVILLE - Healthbox, a healthcare tech accelerator with operations in Jacksonville, announced that it has selected seven companies to participate in its inaugural four-month Florida program. Healthbox and anchor partner Florida Blue, chose companies that have the largest opportunity to build momentum and scale within Florida, further displaying their commitment to the state's ecosystem.
The seven startups selected for the accelerator program address the priority populations and unique opportunities present in the Florida market. "Bettering the community through innovation is at the forefront of our efforts at Florida Blue," says Patrick Geraghty, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Florida Blue, Florida's Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan. "We're excited to work closely with Healthbox to develop the seven high-potential businesses and watch them scale and provide economic growth across the state."
Companies selected for the program include:
Consumer Engagement - four companies will help consumers proactively manage their health or the health of their loved ones:
- CareSpotter is an online marketplace that helps families find the perfect caregiver.
- eTect has created the ID-Cap, a real time, medication adherence monitoring system that includes ingestible wireless sensors and a wrist watch style reader.
- mHealthCoach offers medication adherence solutions that increase compliance and encourage proper utilization that result in better outcomes and lower healthcare costs.
- ROBAUTO is working to foster relationships between humans and machines in the healthcare industry by creating personalities for robots.
Wellness - three companies make it easier for consumers to include exercise in their daily routine and monitor progress:
- Fitzeal helps busy consumers book private appointments with independent non-medical health and fitness experts.
- Rostr provides high school athletes with a rich, mobile experience where they can directly market themselves to collegiate scouts, as well as monitor their athletic development and well-being.
- Yo-Fi Wellness provides access to healthy living initiatives through instructive yoga, fitness, nutrition and meditation video content that is delivered via an online platform.
Five of the seven startups are based in Florida, while the remaining come from Chicago and Boston. The companies entering the program will engage with the Florida community by seeking out local industry knowledge, creating jobs and forming pilot partnerships throughout the region.